Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2021

How a Visual Reminder of Their Accomplishments Keeps Her Students Motivated


An Interview with a Second Grade Teacher and Run Club Leader

Name: Shelley Territ

Position & Grade Level: Teacher 2nd grade

School: Primary School, Chartiers Valley, Pennsylvania

Subject(s) that you currently teach: Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies

How many years in education: 25 years


Question #1: 

Tell us about the impact Fitness Finders product(s) have had on your students or your job.

"I use Fitness Finders in my classroom and with my school running club. In my classroom, it is used as a positive reward. When my students earn enough chips to fill their bucket, they can choose a Fitness Finder token for their backpack chain. The kids love to earn them. It is a visual reminder of their good behavior. They are used in our running program to track mileage. Again, it is a visual reminder of the hard work and miles accomplished."

 


Question #2: 

What is your wish for 2020?

"My wish for 2020 is for my 148 runners to continue their training for the one mile race that we will complete in May. The Fitness Finders will continue to motivate them to run the next mile and earn a token. My second grade, I wish for them to grow and build strong peer relations and make good choices."


Date: January 24, 2020 


No comments:

Post a Comment